Module 1 Overview
In this module, we will cover some important leadership foundational material. We will differentiate between the concept of leadership as a skill versus leadership as a process. We will also discuss what research indicates are the innate qualities of leadership and why the best leaders are born with many of these qualities. Lastly, you’ll evaluate the leadership influences present in your current situation.
- Compare and contrast the differences between professional leadership and other programs.
- Define the various components of the leadership definition.
- Explain the 5-steps in the professional leadership process and how they interrelate to create better leaders.
From The Path to Professional Leadership by Bennett, J. Bryan (2020)
1 – Leadership is a Process – Not a Skill
3 – The Professional Leadership Process
- Cosgrove, T. (2016, July 7). Medical Leadership Calls for Humility, Self-Awareness. Retrieved from LinkedIn.com
- McLeod, S. (2013). Kolb-Learning Styles. Retrieved from Simply Psychology
- Myatt, T. (2013, January 23). Why You’re Not A Leader. Retrieved from Forbes.com.
- Naseer, T. (2016, November 8). The Growing Importance of Empathy in Leadership Today. Retrieved from Tanveer Naseer
Assigned Multimedia (Optional)
None this module
Please refer to the following Module schedule for due dates (Guided-Study only):
|Module Element||Due Day|
|Live Lecture||Tuesday, 7PM CST|
|Tuesday, Midnight CST|