The PLA Professional Leadership IMPACT Award is presented to the person who best exemplifies the principles of Professional Leadership through the impact they make in their daily practice of leadership. This award is for leaders who are making an impact in their organization, an impact in their industry and an impact in their community. These are the exceptional leaders that people want to work for, people want to hear, and people want to know.
The Professional Leadership principles these leaders embody include:
- Knowledge of who they are as a person and as a leader;
- Awareness of those moments in their life that shaped them to become the leader they are;
- A thorough understanding of the situational influences that impact leading their followers and the environment in which they lead;
- An abundance of the innate leadership qualities of humility, empathy, vision and risk-taking;
- A clear leadership vision that is articulated and embraced throughout the organization they lead;
- Mastery of several leadership tools, including social media and storytelling;
- A regular self-reflection strategy;
- Active coaching and mentor relationships;
- Demonstrated willingness to mentoring others;
- A thirst for continuous leadership learning.
These principles represent a high bar for leaders to meet and are usually only present in those considered exceptional leaders. We are honored to present this award to such distinguished leaders.
- 2019: Chris Van Gorder, President & CEO, Scripps Health
Nominations for the 2020 Professional Leadership IMPACT Award
will open in January 2020.